So what do the large percentage of desk-job-working-Americans do then!?!
Plan movement into your day!!!
1. Posture- sit up straight with your shoulders back. It is easy to slouch all day, but engage those muscles to maintain an upright posture as much as possible
2. Get up and walk- every hour if possible! Even if it is down the hall and back. Get that blood flowing!
3. Stretch- stretch out that sitting a few times a day
4. Eye health- 20-20-20 rule. To prevent eye strain/fatigue, for every 20 minutes of screen time, stare off the distance about 20 ft, for 20 seconds.
5. Water- although you might be sitting, still make a point to stay hydrated through the day!
6. Bring your own snacks! It’s much easier to say no to an office donuts when you packed yourself a nutritious and yummy lunch and snack. Try fresh fruit for something sweet ?
Seem like a lot to keep track of- check out this link!! Google chrome has some amazing extensions that will REMIND you to do many of the tips above!!!